Book Club Questions:
1. Which character did you most connect with and why?
2. What fundamental differences did you see between Veronica and Rose and how did this affect their life choices?
3. What significance do you think the title holds? (Themes, metaphors etc.)
4. In what ways did Gregory affect Rose and how did you feel about her after she left him?
5. Did you feel Clarkson was justified in his actions in France?
6. How did you feel about Jack's behaviour after the war?
7. In what ways did Jack influence his son Pete's experience of war?
8. If you were Theresa, would you have forgiven Pete?
9. Has Gallipoli Street influenced your view of the Anzac generation? In what ways?
As the boat reached the ship and they hoisted him up he took one last look at Gallipoli and knew part of him would remain there too, lying with the dead, until the soil found their collective dust and the breeze whispered their spirits across the cove.
Jack knew he had changed in that place- that the breeze would carry with it the man he used to be, who they all were on the other side of time before living including killing. Every man who landed there would leave the ghost of his former self behind.